Here are the stats:
- I’m 16 weeks and five days post-op from foot surgery.
- Today was my 21st post-op physical therapy session.
- I spent three hours at physical therapy today.
- 15 – 20 minutes was spent with the therapist working on my foot.
- 90 minutes was spent doing strengthening exercises.
- 60 minutes was spent doing cardio.
- 15 minutes was spent with ice on my foot at the end.
I am working diligently to restore my strength, range of motion, flexibility, stability, and balance. It is a lot of work. I thought the end would be in sight by now, but physical therapy got delayed due to COVID-19. I don’t have full range of motion yet. The foot pain still increases at night. I rarely work from my home office since I still need to keep my feet elevated in bed as much as possible.
But, I persist. I have a home exercise program I follow daily. I am making progress, but it isn’t fast enough for me. I’ve come to understand feet don’t heal as quickly as the rest of the body since they’re used daily. Yet, I am hopefuly I will make a full recovery.